Tater and Tot

Just a little dirt from my Tater Patch.

11.27.2006

What a Crock.

Since so many of you (read: 4) have been pining for a recipe from the Queen of the Crockpot, I'll oblige and share one of the simplest recipes EVAH!! Can you say 3 ingredients?

Chicken and Gravy

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (frozen or fresh)
Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom soup (1 family size or 2 small cans - or more if you like lots of gravy)
1 Envelope Dry Onion soup Mix
Dump all of that in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 or 4 hours (until chicken is cooked through.) I like to serve mine with mashed potatoes and green beans.

A little advice from the self-appointed Queen of the Crockpot:
Always, always, always spray your crock with no-stick cooking spray. It makes clean-up a breeze, and it's a whole lot less expensive than the liners.
Dont worry, I won't charge you for that.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate you sharing this one. I've never put the onion soup mix in, but I do make this one often. I sometimes add a bag of frozen mixed veggies and a can of biscuits (cut into 1/4) the last hour or so and it is Crock Pot chicken pot pie! Yummy!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm up & running again here...
http://thismomsjourney.wordpress.com/
Send me some love!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

Hi there. I found you through Secret Squirrel.

I make that dish all the time, without onion soup though. We call it Mushroom Chicken. I have never once thought about trying it in a crock pot! I do it in a frying pan and I have to constantly watch it so the soup wont boil over, or the chicken doesn't stick to the pan. I can't wait to try it in the crock pot!

I bow to the Queen!! :)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Yep, when we were still eating meat, I made things like this all the time. YUM. I may try it with some vegetarian chicken substitutes, but I don't think it'll be quite the same.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Mmm. Sounds good. I'll have to try it.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I tried this the other day but modified it a bit by adding a can of nacho cheese soup along with the 2 cans of cream of chicken. It was a big hit with all of the family. Thanks for the recipe!

(The fact that it's easy is another plus!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home