Tater and Tot

Just a little dirt from my Tater Patch.

11.08.2006

A sad day in November.

Yes, dear readers, it is a sad day in November. What is this world coming to? What are these people thinking? Now many of you may be so excited that you feel like shouting from the rooftops, while others may in a deep depression and feel like everything you know has failed you.
I must say, that I am in total shock. I know, I know, many of you saw this coming. But listen, I keep up with the news and the articles and the interviews. I try and keep up with the rumors and the retraction of rumors and the "proof" that the rumors are true, and the "facts" that make the rumors false, but still, I did not see this one coming. I don't know what this world is coming to. Everything that we think is stable and true and sure, all things that we think keep us safe and secure and allow us to tuck our kids into bed at night and know that, at least tonight, everything will be okay, has been taken from us. It happened so fast. And I worry. I worry about the children and the future. Because if the stability that we have come to rely on is pulled like a worn rug out from uner our cold feet, then nothing that we know or depend on is sacred. I wonder what is going to happen next, and I am frightened.

And I don't want to be frightened.

I just want Britney and Kevin to stay together.
Because it is relationships like theirs that keep this nation going.
So, dear readers, I ask you again. What is this world coming to?


What did you think I was talking about? Because surely you know by now that I don't talk politics!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hee hee hee! Hard to believe indeed. I'm just surprised it lasted this long...do you think both kids are his?

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Heh. You had me going for a minute there. :)

I did shout out the news to my husband last night. He was as saddened and horrifed as the rest of us.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! You even got me on that one...you are too funny! But, seriously, what/who will be next? Oh, it is a sad day in November(or was)!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Amy said...

You got me with this. You should read Dooce today.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Kacey said...

Heather: I do think both of them are his. I think that she probaby had thought about divorce before she accidentally got pregnant with #2. She probably stayed until #2 was born so she'd have a sitter while she was in the hospital.

Karen & Becky: Mission accomplished! I love being tricky.

Amy: I love it when a plan comes together! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about playing the two against each other!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I like how you think! Re: the babysitting. Probably right on there.

Thanks for the blogroll! I'll get you added to mine soon (I'm a little slow on these things!)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Hahaha!!!

I mean, ahem...yes, indeed. A sad day. And such a shock.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Emery Jo said...

hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home