Tater and Tot

Just a little dirt from my Tater Patch.

6.16.2006

Chocolate milk, Vegetables, Doritos, Kool-Aid, and a French Fry .

Question of the day...

What do all of these seemingly unrelated things have in common?








Oh no, dear friends, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The + sign in the window on the left and the - in the window on the right , as far as I can tell, = only one thing. There is a hint of a tiny tater root growing in my tummy!

Now, let me quickly tell you what the above list of items have in common. Chocolate milk has been a staple in my first trimester diets for both of my previous pregnancies. This one is obviously no different. If I thought I could live on chocolate milk, it is all that would go in to my mouth. Vegetables also have been a common denominator for Tater and Tot while they were growing in my belly. Again, this is no different.
This is, however, where the food similarities thus far end. I haven't had a bag of Doritos in years. Until one night when, on an impulse and before a positive test, I picked up a bag to go along with my chicken salad and my quart (quart!) of chocolate milk. Then there is the Kool-Aid. I have always liked it. Never have had anything against it. It is not, however, my general choice when it comes to quenching my thirst. I like sweet tea, and can usually drink Coke by the gallon jug. But for the past few days, Kool-Aid is all I can think about. And it has almost been all that I can drink. I'm having a tall glass of black cherry as I sit here typing.

And then there is the French Fry. I guess that will have to be the name of the new addition to my tater patch. Although I don't believe that it is possible to grow tater tots or french fries, you know what I mean.
I feel a little "previous" (just for you daddy, cw, and td) in sharing this news with anyone before I have actually been to the doctor, I just can't hold it in any longer. My nearby, actually met in person, know their hair color and what kind of car they drive - friends whose faces I could pick out in a lineup (unlike most of my "blogdom" friends) - already know and may be wondering if I was only playing tricks on them since I haven't written anything about it here. Besides, Kelly doesn't have to be quite so ambiguous now! :)
If after two positive pregnancy tests, a missed period, dry heaves, extreme exhaustion, chocolate milk, and a plate of vegetables, I go to the doctor on Tuesday and they tell me it is my imagination, I figure every one will understand. If not, let me know, and I can keep sending you private e-mails sharing all of the imaginary details of my psychosomatic pregnancy. Either way.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about the new member of the spud family!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

AGHHH! Congratulations! I'll be the first to tell you the same an OB nurse told me after my first positive pregnancy test....

"It can be a false negative, but now a false positive. You ARE pregnant!"

Congrats! Congrats!! I'm praying for you and little fry!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Oh God I am an idiot. I am so sorry I didn't scroll down! Yipee!!! Congrats!!! I sure hope this goes smoothly for you and I am so happy for your family.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Congratulations! Did you know that pregnant women who eat chocolate every day have happier babies? It's true. They did a study.

Gives a whole new meaning to the Kool-Aid mom phenomenon, doesnt' it?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

YAY! how delightful! congratulations to you and your growing family. :)

xo

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, it is PAST tuesday... do we get an update?

I am late to the game, but now i must know!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think the obesity is very danger for everybody, is like a pump that can explot any time. So is necesary to take care exercising and taking good and healthy food and stop eating junk food.If you eat more vegetables or fruits will see a big difference in our life. The life is too short, so we need to take care of us every single day for enjoy the things that the life gave to us. I bought my house through costa rica homes for sale and i enjoy it every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home