Tater and Tot

Just a little dirt from my Tater Patch.

3.27.2007

WFMW - Barbie Cart





Many of you commented that you were looking forward to finding out some of my other uses for the Sterilite Rolling Cart - so here's another to add to your list.

The Barbie Cart -
Thanks to Santa and a host of relatives, Tater and Tot got their first round of Barbie and associated paraphernalia for Christmas this past December. Now while I was totally excited with Santa and his choice of the Barbie House, along with the fifty eleven Barbies that the grandparents, aunts, and Sunday School teachers provided to live in said house, I was not prepared for the amount of "stuff" that comes with each boxed up girl. It didn't take me but a few post-Christmas days for me to declare "oh my good grief if I kick one more miniature pink goblet or gouge the bottom of my foot with another high-heel or almost vacuum up another dog bowl I'm going to find Barbie and her friends a new home at the Goodwill," before I decided that some sort of capturing mechanism was in order. All of that said to tell you that in my den/playroom sits one of the largest carts that could be found. Inside you will find every Barbie doll, dress, shoe, pet, pillow, fork, toothbrush, and lipstick to have entered into this house. It's great for the girls because there is no rhyme or reason to it - and frankly who would want to have to organize all of that miniature stuff every day? It keeps things at least in a place and, most importantly, out of my floor and my sight. I'm sure that there are other Barbie storage solutions out there, but for right now, this is what Works for Me!

Many thanks to Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for organizing these tips. Check her site out for many more tested tips!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I need one of those for a Block and Hot Wheel cart!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

What a great idea! I could get a couple of these and fill them up quickly with my son's toys! :)

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Great idea for the use of those plastic carts. I like the fact that they can evolve as your child grows to store whatever they are into.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fabulous use for the carts!!! You wanna come and play Barbies at my house...or how about a concert! You know Barbie and the Rockers, right? :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have all boys, so no Barbies in this house, but my son uses one for all his little Heroscape people. It's been great!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

Great idea for Barbie and all her accessories! It would also work well for Legos and action figures. I may have to pick up a few. Thanks for the idea! Blessings!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We found a pink sparkly cart just like that for toys. It will be great when my daughter has more Barbies. Right now, at 3 years old she is just content with a few :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger By the grace of God ... said...

Another fabulous use for the carts! My kids are all teens but I am brainstorming!!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Great tip!
Thanks for sharing.

Linda

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! We have a bin system for our new collection of cars... but at least they don't come with accessories!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Ugh. Thank goodness we haven't been invaded by Barbie yet!

I will need to file this tip away for the future though.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We use a cart exactly like that for all the food, dishes, utensils and "appliances" that go with our play kitchen. Great tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home