Tater and Tot

Just a little dirt from my Tater Patch.

3.21.2007

WFMW - The Art Cart



It's that time of the week again - to find out what Works for Me! This week I want to highlight one of my favorite products in the world - the Sterilite Drawer Carts. Oh my, oh my, I use these for so many different things. I have decided, however, that instead of using up all of my potential WFMW drawer cart posts , I'll just pick one of my uses for them.


This week - the Art Cart. My girls, like their mama, love to craft. I love to craft with them. What I don't love, however, is having the craft department from one end of my house to the other. So, instead of constantly finding open Play-Doh containers in my new couch and smooshed up crayons in the toilet, I decided that a one stop spot for crafts would be in order. Sooooo, I put a handy dandy rolling drawer cart in the breakfast nook off of my kitchen. The girls use the small nook table for their craft time, and the cart holds all of the essetials for making fun stuff. The drawers hold paper and coloring books neatly, crayons, markers, and the like are contained nicely in another drawer, Play Doh and rolling pins take up the third, and cookie cutters fit perfectly in a shoe-box size clear container on top. And, with it being against a wall in the nook, it's not in my way or an eyesore. I'll tell you more uses for those rolling carts later, but, for now, that's what Works for Me! Check out other clever ideas with Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

A great tip!! Thanks for sharing.

Linda

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger sam said...

I love those carts too and used them a lot when my kids were younger.

Re: The shower organizer - I found mine at Target.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I currently use just a basket for art supplies, but I think I need to upgrade to a cart eventually.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! I can't wait to hear your other uses too!

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these! I have empty ones on hands at all times just searching for new ways to use them. Thanks for the idea! =)

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that! I'm currently using an art center in my dining room and it needs some *retouching*! :) I need to get some more rolly carts to use - can't wait to see your other uses for yours!!!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Great idea. I may need to get one for that too.

I use my one and only cart to hold some of my scrapbooking supplies. It's wildly inadequate, but at least some of it is contained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home